Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Journey in the Land of White Elephant

It was a long but memorable journey. I want to Thailand last 2 weeks with FESCO 2010 committees for Cross Cultural Program and we really enjoy the trip so much!!!

Day 1: Friday 12/3/10
Running from Internet programming lab, I have to run past the mirror buildings and I was too excited to go to Thailand. Thank God, I'd given my friend my clothes first so he could carry it together when he left his room. But I make things on time. Really glad about this. We depart from UTP at 5pm and stopped at Sungai Perak RnR for Asar prayer. Then the bus continued to Changloon, Kedah. When we reached the border, I was so nervous because this is my second time I left Malaysia!!! yeah!!! Well, as a boy from a village, I'd never have chance to go oversea. Well, this is a good opportunity for me to travel and widen my view about this world. it takes about 5 hours for us to reach the borders and we continued our journey to Walailak University another 4 hours. Once we reached there, we were welcomed by them warmly. I was so grateful when I saw some of them tried very hard to become as fresh as they could when we arrived in there. Thank you so much for your efforts. Credit to Walailak University student.

Day2: Saturday 13/3/10
I couldn't sleep after performing the prayers. My eyes was wide open, and my spirit was full on that morning. Sleep, sleep, sleep. I told myself to sleep. Asking Shukri and Eqram to take a look at the place, it is worth to explore. We were placed at Sports complex, but the facilities are in the best condition. I was so happy because the toilet is quite similar in Malaysia compared my experience when I was in Singapore..haha.. at last, after taking a bath, I slept for a few minutes. Power nap.
We had our breakfast this morning with their breakfast. Nice, attractive yet different than ours in terms of quantity. We Malaysians eat a lot when it comes to meal. Haha.. well that breakfast is enough for us as we didn't do hard works. Just have a nice viewing session. We then went to Nakhon Si Thammarat Museum. Museum is one of my favorite place as this is a place for me to learn the culture and the lifestyle of the country. Interesting and fun. That were my feeling on the day.


The trip continued to the temple in Nakhon si Thammarat. The temple name was... i can't remember :P Well, some of us really find the trip to this place was awesome and we waited for another exciting things coming for us.
At night, we were celebrated with performances from both university. Walailak University dancers came with their traditional dances and the modern one. UTP also performed two dances at that night. Everyone in the house look so happy and that makes me happy :)


Day3: 14/3/10
We had to leave Walailak University on that day. It was so heart to leave the place as we were welcomed as family members in Walailak University. However, we have to continue our journey to Hat Yai for our Appreciation Night.
During our journey to Songkhla, the bus I took was so noisy, havoc and full of energy. We use to call it as Bus no1. Bus no 1 was never silent from the beginning of the journey until the end of it. As we had our Project Director, Keane, a big mouth and quick-response-giver friends, the bus was totally packed with voices. i don't think the other bus have the same atmosphere. Hahaha...
As we reached Songkhla, we went take pictures with the mermaid statue. I was not attracted by the satue but i more like to take pictures with the beaches. As a result, I became the hot topics among the Bus no1 members.
We reached at our hotels that evening. We boys stayed at Pink Hotel while the girls stayed at Grand Season Hotel. My roommate was Syazwan and he accompanied me through out the journey. Thanx Syazzy. ^^ That night, We had our Appreciation Night and just let that night keep within ours... I'm not gonna tell you further.. hehe...
After Appreciation Night, we went shopping!!!! Well, I bought some souvenirs which i could buy as the money was not so sufficient..huhu.. if not i will buy more for my friends.

Day4: 14/3/10
Another day of shopping.(please read with a tired tone) We went shopping around the city and of course, some of us went shopping before we went for breakfast. freaky, isn't it? After having the nice breakfast, we continued shopping, shopping, and shopping... until the clock showed 1130am, we started left the market. Everything was packed, ready to leave Thailand.


Once we stepped out from the border, I looked back to the place where we, FESCO2010 committees, who didn't know each other become as close as a family and this trip unite us.


Thanx to Walailak University for your welcome at your place. When I woke up last week it looked like I was still in Thailand, although I was in UTP. Almost one week, every night I dreamt about our journey in Thailand. Thanx to all my friends who make the journey interesting. Farahin, Keane, Awanis, Hana, Syazwan, Alif and those people from Bus no1, YouRock Guys!


Tiring, satisfied and happy, that what I could say about our journey to the Land of White Elephant. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment