Saturday, February 14, 2009

Works vs Study (i)

Are you a multitask person? Having three works in a time??? I am a multitask people. Well, I was not when I was a little boy. The routine was so happy and i love it very much. After the school session, I just need to help my mother to buy some vegetables and chicken, or perhaps, watching television by myself and struggle for my homework. I could feel the moment I just need to open my books and read all of them and finish them all in a month. No other things bother me. Well, I confess that I am not a straight A's student, as my brain got stuck with numbers. :P But still, that moments, I want to feel it again.
My life was never been so busy until I stepped my life in Form 2. That day has changed my life, totally. Starting from my elocution in Bahasa Melayu, until my election as Student Representative Council member in my former school, and my travel to MJSC Batu Pahat. One year changed my life.
2004, a year which I will remember for the whole of my life. i was looking for my opportunity to get involve with co curriculum activity. One would be enough, I told to myself. So, I went for an audition for elocution. Shockly, I got it. So, I need to Study and do some practise on my lines and remembering every words. Tiring, and quite disappointing. First match, first lose. Done. I told myself I would not going to participate in any occasion. Things went the other way around. Our school, MARA Junior Science College is looking for the third batch of Student Representative Council (BWP). I applied for the election. The disaster occur. I was elected to be one of the members. Then my job was to make sure our dining hall is well organised and clean. At first, this responsible was put totally on my shoulder. Whalla! Me, with no experience in handling a task to deal with other people almost turn the Dining Hall (DS) into a hell. For my first semester of becoming the Health and Food Affair, it was a disaster. HOwever, when it came 2005, I reread my jobscope so I will be clear in doing my jobs. Alhamdulillah, I managed to handle the task with less problem. After resigned officially from my job, I could study better. Alhamdulillah, I receive my first Principle's List in my last semester in that school. Thanx to Mr Rizalman, Homeroom 3C1 2003-2005. I was'nt able t oreach my last semester in the school successfully without all of you.
The story does not stop there. The war of Study against Works still continue in my life. Entering an upper secondary school means entering a new environment. Staying in MARA Junior Science Pengkalan Chepa a.k.a. Kota Bharu was another big leap for my life. My playful intention to enter a Nasyeed audition turns me into the nasyid team. With our competition in February 2006, I started to skip my class, legally. My effort to be in drama team was positive as I was accepted as one of the members. I was so glad. Then I begun feel the tension of works. Work loads plus study. After that, in the beginning of the second semester of 2006, I need to represent my school for nasheed competition at MJSC Transkrian. Luckily we won the second place, I mean first runner up in the competition. Our drama members were interested to take part as helpers in Malaysia MJSC Leadership Convention as our school was the host for the convention on that year. Helpless helpers! that is the right term to describe us. All of us did five jobs during the convention. Seriously speaking, when we went back to our room, the room was full of Exhaustion. And we need to sacrifice one week holiday, instead of enjoying it at home. If you were in the closing ceremony, you could notice the same person again and again on the stage, performing different things. I was one of the person. From acting as a reporter in a news, playing a role of a rockers (gheee, was that me??? I don't beleive it by myself), and one of the nasheed members. I was more than multitasking on that time. Instead, I got a food booth that I needed to take care of. Where that booth come from? I joined Young Entrepreneurs Program. Then, I joined Police cadet in my school. A forthnight of training, with only two days with no training, meaning we can attend the classes on those days. I was 99% neglecting my study. The situation became worse when Additional Mathematics, I'm weak with it, entered a new topics. I was almost killed by the previous topics, and our teacher, Mr. Lee Tong Hai opened a new chapter, Calculus. Limits is not my specialty. I'm bad with numbers. And then, I need to go to MJSC PDRM Kulim to attend the competition. another five days I lost my class. If I calculate every single class I skipped, I should have been kicked out from the school. then I joined Librarian. I love books.
Oops, it is 2:00 am. Need to shut down my eyes. I have Event Management Seminar tomorrow, 7:45 am. Another works to do.
:( Sad, but this is my life. wait for my Works vs Study (ii)

No comments:

Post a Comment